WHAT WE DO
There are many children in South Africa living in poverty. Because of this they are at high risk of abuse and neglect and don’t feel safe as they live in communities and homes where there is violence and/or substance abuse. Something can be done with the right support and services – preventing abuse before it happens, reducing risk of children ending up on the streets. We attempt to tackle these issues by providing services to vulnerable children and families in three ways: Early Childhood Development, Prevention and Early Intervention Programmes, and a Child and Youth Care Centre.
EVERY YEAR AT CTMSC:
- 100 children participate in our holiday programmes
- Up to 70 children graduate from our playschools (ECD programme)
- 200 children, 200 parents, and 60 families participate in child abuse awareness and prevention workshops
- 60 parents participate in parenting skills programmes
- 30 children are supported through after school academic support and their families strengthened
- Up to 35 children are cared for at the child and youth care
IT IS OUR AIM AT CTMSC to:
- Protect children from harm and prevent abuse
- Prevent children from ending up on the streets
- Provide children and families with access to social services
- Empower families to support their children (emotionally and physically).